Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Nick's Sara Lee Butter Streusel CoffeeCake




Our Family has ALWAYS had Sara Lee Butter Streusel CoffeeCake on Christmas Morning, Mike cooks up some sausage and we have this and another cinnamon roll offering and coffee and juice. The past couple of years we have had a harder time finding this Butter Streusel CoffeeCake, and this year Mike and I went to 8 different stores and called Sara Lee and went on line to try to buy it, no luck! Safeway was always mentioned as the store who carried them in our area, Not any of our Safeways here in Tucson. WE broke the news to Nick, No Sara Lee Butter Streusel CoffeeCake this year,
WHAT! He could not believe it, Betsy thought he should get over it and eat something new this Christmas, Nick was SAD.
I had one last idea, On Monday morning before Christmas I called my Sister, she lives very close to a Safeway in Mesa..........Please, I asked, would you go see if your Safeway has any of these coffeeCakes........She is such a nice a helpful sister, she went they had ONE, she called me said they had one and what did I want her to do! Well buy it, I will come there today and pick it up..
Yes, she thinks we are WEIRD! My wonderful sister (by the way, her husband Joe hates it when I call her my sister he thinks I should just say Margaret and vice-versa)
anyhow, Margaret, my sister, had the store call around to see if they had any more any where , they found 5 at another store, She went to get them for me.
I drove to Phoenix and picked up 6 very special Sara Lee Butter Streusel CoffeeCakes that day.
Christmas Morning was as it should be, Nick got to take all the rest of the CoffeeCakes home to his house.
I am already starting to worry about this Year's Christmas Morning.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

I was wondering if the elusive coffee cakes were going to make your blog. What a crazy, fun day that was. I'm happy I could help Nick eat his favorite thing for one last year. He has 12 months to "digest" the word "last" since Safeway told me they were no longer carrying them. I guess we better start the search this year in August.
Your Sister - Margaret

Mimi/Mom/Christy said...

I totally get this...The things we will do for our babies and the sake of cherished traditions!!

Kristi said...

Joe's little pet peeve cracks me up!